Russ and I want to explore. We want to travel. We don’t want to have to keep staying in hotels everywhere we go. Having comfortable, familiar surroundings around us and the ability to take our dogs is a must. Solution? Buy an RV!
We have now been considering purchasing an RV for several months. Having never owned one before and a bit overwhelmed with the options in today’s market, it seemed like we were set on something different every week. Used or new? Class A, B, B-plus, C, travel trailer, 5th wheel or truck camper? There are so many great choices out there. We decided to start by thinking about what would truly fit our lifestyle and budget the best. We really liked the Class B vans and the ability to travel easily in more urban areas if needed and not having to deal with a tow behind vehicle, but then on one of our many trips (and I mean many) to local dealers, we came across the Little Guy Max.
Continuing my behavior as an obsessive Googler, I scoured the internet for more information. 2018 is the first year this model is available so the information available was somewhat limited. I did find two videos extremely helpful. The first is this walk-thru with Chris Baum from Liberty Outdoors. Chris does a great job of highlighting all of the specs and features, both inside and out. Check out the video below:
The second is from Paul the Air Force Guy, who taped this on a trip to the factory where the Little Guys are manufactured. This video will show you each and every step involved in the assembly process:
As you can see, a lot of thought and attention to detail has gone into this unit. I am still obsessing about all of the windows…..
We absolutely fell in love with the Little Guy Max Rough Rider and decided this was the one for us. Sometimes when you step into an RV, it just feels right and this feels like home. So after 5 months of dreaming, looking, researching and negotiating, we are the very proud owners of our own Little Guy Max!
If you are considering buying one, we would be happy to answer any questions you may have – just leave a message in the comments box below.
Here are the specs from the company website:
Exterior Feature Summary
- 2 Year Limited Warranty standard
- Premium 15” Kenda tires
- 2-year warranty
- 2-year 24/7/365 roadside assistance program
- Tubular steel chassis construction with automotive powder coat finish
- 6’3” Thule awning with LED strip light
- 2 inch rear receiver for bike rack accessory
- Aluminum entry step
- Large pass-through storage
- Magnetic latch compression style baggage doors
- Aluminum framed sidewalls and roof
- Composite paneling in sidewalls and roof
- Block foam insulation in walls and roof
- One-piece, seamless fiberglass roof
- Back up camera bracket and prep
- 7 Euro-style, insulated, dual-paned acrylic windows
- Windows have integrated shades and screens
- Sliding screen entry door
- King OTA HD Antenna
- Exterior Furrion speakers
- Exterior TV mount
Interior Feature Summary
- Light maple or dark walnut 100% hardwood cabinetry with dovetail construction.
- 8” deep stainless steel kitchen sink
- 2 burner glass top stove with electric ignition
- Stainless steel microwave
- Full height (floor-to-ceiling) kitchen pantry with adjustable shelves
- Full-size dinette converts to comfortably sleep 3 total. Creates a 32” x 76” bed
- 24” Furrion TV on an electric lift for dinette/kitchen viewing
- 13,500 BTU Roof Mount Dometic Air conditioning
- LED touch screen and switch panel for tanks and lighting
- LED accent lighting throughout kitchen and dinette with a dimmer switch
- 4 cubic foot stainless steel Dometic refrigerator
- 60” x 80” Queen master bed. 5” thick with pillow top
- Custom master bed entertainment center with 24” Furrion TV and soundbar
Rough Rider Package (Optional)
- Matte black 15” Off-road wheels/tires
- Black diamond plate
- 3.5” axle riser