- 2 1/2 cups medium pasta shells or elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14- ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- OPTIONAL: plain bread crumbs
- OPTIONAL: cubed cooked chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook until pasta is al dente (slighty firm/hard to the bite) . Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add the flour. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Over medium heat, add the milk, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the entire can of stewed tomatoes (juice included).
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted and incorporated into the other ingredients, add the pasta and stir.
- If you are adding in any additional ingredients (chicken, ham, etc) do so now.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Optional: top with breadcrumbs
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Serve warm.
Did you make this? Submit your photos to be featured here!
Email your pics to firstname.lastname@example.org with the recipe name in the subject line and we’ll post your work below!