All good things take time and this chili is no exception. From start to finish, this chili takes about 3 hours to make, but it is oh-so-worth-it!
- 3 bell peppers ( 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 small anaheim pepper (or other mild/medium pepper)
- 1 small poblano pepper (or other mild/medium pepper)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lb salt pork
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 lbs pork ribs
- 1/2 lb cooked ground beef
- (3) 12oz cans beef broth
- 1 large can hunts tomato sauce
- 1 large can tomato paste
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes
- 1 sm can green chile tomato sauce
- 1/3 C Chili powder
Optional add-ins: pinto or kidney beans
- Chop up celery, bell peppers, onion
- Mince garlic and add to vegetables
- Cut salt pork into 1/4 inch thickness and fry until crisp
- Remove pork from pot – leave fat drippings.
- Add chopped vegetable mix to pan and sautee until onions are transparent
- Add beef broth and bring to boil
- Cut ribs to 1 inch thick and add to pan. Bring to boil for 5 minutes then lower to simmer for 30 minutes
- Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste and remaining peppers. Simmer for 1 hr.
- Remove ribs – set aside.
- Add stew meat and beef (may add beans at this time if desired).
- Simmer for 1 hr
- Remove pork from ribs and add to pot
- Add chili powder & tobasco to taste
Approx 12 servings
Did you make this? Submit your photos to be featured here!
Email pictures of your creation at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will feature your photos below!