I have made this recipe for so long that I can’t remember where it came from. All I know is that this is one of my family’s top comfort foods and it is so easy to make! Just make sure you use flank steak….I have tried substituting in other cuts of meat and it just isn’t the same.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 C water
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/3 C soy sauce (our favorite is Aloha or Kikkoman)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Cut flank steak into thin slices. NOTE: It is best to cut across the grain, at a diagonal).
- Put cut steak into a bowl and add the cornstarch. Mix until all the meat is coated.
- Heat oil in skillet and add garlic and ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add steak to skillet and cook until browned.
- Mix brown sugar, water and soy sauce. Add to skillet over the steak.
- Cook until liquid in skillet thickens, stirring occasionally.
Serving suggestion: serve over white rice with steamed broccoli
Yield: approx 4 servings
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS TO BE FEATURED BELOW!
Have you tried this recipe? Send your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the recipe in the subject line to be featured on this page!