The Barefoot is the brainchild of Cathy Chamberlain from the U.K., born out of frustration that there wasn’t a camper that fit her dreams. Over the period of four years, she designed her own, along with Mike Williams and Ben Matthews and put it into production. Check out more information on the U.K. version at their website: https://www.go-barefoot.co.uk/
It is hard to not attract attention when taking out a Barefoot caravan! Check out some of the places where it has been featured:
Caravan and Motorhome Club Magazine – “makes even a teardrop caravan look a bit passe – if you think that the 1950’s inspired retro exterior looks cooler than James Dean chewing on a toothpick, wait until you see inside…outstanding build quality, head turning style, first class materials, and a caravan made just for you.”
Cheshire Life – … “a caravan for people who would never buy a caravan …. I would happily park this little piece of gorgeousness on my driveway.”
Practical Caravan Magazine – “quirky, space efficient and high quality “
Crossing the pond with nuCamp
Plans for the Barefoot to be available in the U.S. is currently underway through nuCamp. While only a U.K. model has been displayed at RV shows and on nuCamp’s website, nuCamp expects to have their version available for sale in early 2020 before the peak summer camping season is underway. According to nuCamp, the price is expected to be around $35,000.
Stay up to date!
Check back here for frequent updates and links to other articles on the Barefoot!
- nuCamp’s Barefoot information page
- Mototrend These Retro Camper Trailers Are Just The Freaking Cutest
- Small Trailer Enthusiast nuCamp Secures Deal To Bring Barefoot Caravan Stateside
- Curbed Retro-inspired Camper Trailer is coming to the U.S.
Most recent posts
- Free Camping in Florida at the DuPuis Management Area
- 2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS Tour
- A Look at the 2445 Travel Trailer from Lance
- Your Adventure Awaits with the Camp Rover from Xtreme Outdoors
- Boondocking Basics