A powerful magnet, a rope and a set of gloves is all you need to find your next treasure!
What is magnet fishing?
Simply put, magnet fishing is using a magnet to find ferrous metals in the water.
What items are needed to magnet fish?
- 300lb (or stronger) magnet
- gloves (you’ll thank us later for this one)
Where is magnet fishing allowed?
At this time, magnet fishing is allowed in all 50 states. Make sure you gain permission from landowners as well as check for local bylaws.
How do you magnet fish?
Docks or a structures over the water are a great place to start. With your rope securely tied to your magnet, drop your magnet into the water. Bounce/walk the magnet in the area you wish to search. Note: You may or may not feel something attach to the magnet. Routinely retrieve the magnet, check for ‘finds’ and toss back into the water.
Other posts from The Roads We Roam
- Free Camping in Florida at the DuPuis Management Area
- 2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS Tour
- A Look at the 2445 Travel Trailer from Lance
- Your Adventure Awaits with the Camp Rover from Xtreme Outdoors
- Boondocking Basics