Looking for something that is simple and easy to make, good for potlucks and is fantastic as leftovers?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 sm yellow onion – chopped
- 1 box of elbow macaroni or shells
- 1 14oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil (don’t forget to add some salt to your water before adding pasta).
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Drizzle olive oil on skillet and add chopped onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned. Drain fat.
- Return skillet to stovetop and add Italian seasoning, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, bring to simmer. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Drain water from pasta.
- Return pasta to large pot and add in sauce mixture. Mix well.
NOTE: Let sit for at least an hour to let the flavors develop.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese!
Yes, you can make this in your Instant Pot!
- Turn the Instant Pot onto saute. When hot, add ground beef, salt, pepper, and onion. Cook until meat is browned.
- When meat is browned drain fat then add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, water, and uncooked noodles.
- Set your Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When timer is up, quick release the pressure.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and enjoy!
Did you make this? Submit your photos to be featured here!
Email pictures of your creation at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will feature your photos below!
Submitted by: Southeastern RV Living